Last updated: 16 February 2018
The ITWP group of companies (incorporating Toluna and Harris Interactive) (and any of its worldwide subsidiaries and affiliates (“We” “Our” “Us” or “ITWP”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Insights On Demand Consortium
The Insights on Demand (IoD) Industry consortium is comprised of a diverse group of members from numerous industries and geographies, with the common mission to further evolve, refine, and promote new ways of insight creation and delivery. The community will be collaborating by openly sharing opinions, experiences, and even challenges with fellow members to advance the cause. The ultimate vision for Insights on Demand is democratized market research, where insights into consumer intent and behavior are accessible and achievable for all business professionals in companies of all sizes.
Toluna is a leading provider of real-time digital consumer insights and empowers companies to brainstorm ideas, uncover new business opportunities and answer their questions in real time. Toluna is transforming the way marketing decisions are made by bringing consumers and brands together via the world’s largest social voting community of 13+ million members across 68 countries. This real-time access to consumers is coupled with its state-of-the-art, market research survey and analytics platform. Toluna has 21 offices in Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific.
For more information, please visit http://www.toluna-group.com/
Harris Interactive Europe
Harris Interactive Europe (comprising Harris Interactive SAS in France, Harris Interactive AG in Germany, and Harris Interactive UK) is a full service, consultative custom market research agency. Working internationally from our offices, our activities span both business-to-business and consumer markets: specializing in; automotive; consumer packaged goods; energy; entertainment; financial services; healthcare; media; technology; telecoms; and travel.
We blend focused sector expertise with award winning research designs and innovative tools and approaches to deliver tailored solutions built on industry best practice. Our engagements range from tactical one-off projects to ongoing strategic tracking studies.
Harris Interactive Europe has in-house expertise covering all areas of research design, implementation, analysis, and reporting, with particular strengths in loyalty, brand and new product development.
Our privacy Commitment to you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.insightsondemand.org (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our Consortium, including participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, company name, country you mainly operate from, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and/or photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time), publications or news you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data]. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties, including members of the IoD Consortium to provide you, with their insights into their thoughts, concepts and ideas on the future for market research, including providing educational resources.
- for you to participate as a full member of the IoD Consortium, including using our forums, attending and participating in events, podcasts and webinars; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
- You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of ITWP group of companies.
- Selected third parties including:
- Other members of the Insights on Demand Consortium for the purposes of the Insights on Demand programs; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ITWP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our IoD Consortium Rules [insert link] or website terms [insert link] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ITWP, our IoD Consortium members, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
- For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, Toluna USA is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the US Federal Trade Commission. For more information about the Privacy Shield, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website located at https://www.privacyshield.gov. To review Toluna USA’s representation on the Privacy Shield list, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield self-certification list located at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
- Binding Arbitration: You may have the option to select binding arbitration for the resolution of your complaint under certain circumstances, provided you have taken the following steps: (1) raised your compliant directly with Toluna USA and provided us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) made use of the independent dispute resolution mechanism identified under the Questions or Complaints paragraph; and (3) raised the issue through the relevant data protection authority and allowed the US Department of Commerce an opportunity to resolve the complaint at no cost to you. For more information on binding arbitration, see US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Framework: Annex I (Binding Arbitration).Your rights.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at privacy@Toluna.com.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information: If you are a citizen of the EEA, you have the right to access information held about you and you may contact us at privacy@Toluna.com, or by writing to us at the address below (Privacy Contact).
The Privacy Officer
1 bis rue Collange